Skincare routine in your 20s
20s is probably the best time in your life and probably accompanied with a lot of struggle and change. In between all the stress, taking few quiet moments for self care become all the more important and cherished. Not to mention that whatever care you take of your skin at its peak now will show up in your 30s and 40s.
You don't need those elaborate 9 step routines to add to all that's already going on in your life. Here's a minimal guide to a routine that you can follow all throughout your 20s to achieve healthy skin. -
1) A good cleanser is an absolute essential and non negotiable specially in our hectic lifestyles and skin that produces excess sebum. So, cleansing your skin of all the makeup, dirt and grime gently and effectively is super important.
Make sure to double cleanse whenever you have makeup on to ensure that all of it has been removed thoroughly to avoid clogged pores or breakouts.
A gentle foaming cleanser with gentle exfoliating PHA like our Lemongrass gel cleanser will help remove all the dirt, grime and impurities and cleanse the skin without making skin dry.
2) Treat your skin with a targeted serum in this step based on your skin concerns. For acne, use salicylic acid and acne scars or dullness, use niacinamide or vitamin c.
Something like our Brightening concentrate will also work great all throughout your 20s - helping you add glow, brighten and even out skin tone and texture and even help control excess oil sebum.
3) Moisturiser - it's very important to ensure lightweight hydration to your skin. even if you have acne prone skin type, it is still very important to make sure you moisturise your skin well.
If you have oily skin, try using lightweight moisturisers with natural oils in it. This will help in balancing excess oil sebum and also help nourish your skin.
Our Hemp & Rose Otto Facial Lotion will help nourish your skin while being non greasy and also calm hormonal acne.
4) Exfoliate & Masque treatments - Exfoliating at least once in a week is very important specially in our 20s. Exfoliating once or twice a week will ensure skin is thoroughly cleansed, while face masks will help give skin a boost.
Pick an exfoliator or mask based on your skin concerns. Oily skin will love our Calm & Detox face mask specially if you deal with acne often. While all skin types in search of gentle exfoliation, natural glow and instant brightening effect can opt for our Calendula & Goat Milk Exfoliator.
5) Lastly, using a broad spectrum SPF every single day and all throughout the year should be at the top of the list. Regularly using spf in your 20s will not only protect your skin from skin cancer, but you'll also be doing the best job you can at preventing wrinkles, dark spots, pigmentation, and fine lines.
Have a Happy Skincare Journey.